Submission & Peer Review Process
The submission peer review process can be broadly summarized into 12 steps
- Authors are expected to pay attention to the instructions. Authors first read pubkication principles of Near East Historical Review (NEHR) than checks the paper’s composition and arrangement against the journal’s Autho Author Guidelines
- Submission of Paper: Author submits the paper to the journal via online system. (NEHR not accept submissions by email).
- Editorial Board Assessment: The journal checks the paper’s composition and arrangement against the journal’s Author Guidelines to make sure it includes the required sections and stylizations. The quality of the paper is not assessed at this point.
- Appraisal by the Editor: Editor check that the paper is appropriate for the journal and is sufficiently original and interesting. If not, the paper may be rejected without being reviewed any further.
- Plagiarism: All manuscripts submitted for publication are subjected to plagiarism screening. Reports created by the screening system (intihal.net) will be evaluated by editor in chief or authorized subjects Editor for final decision.
- Invitation to Reviewers: Manuscripts passed plagiarisim screening then undergo rigorous peer review, based on an initial editor screening followed by a blind review process by two (some times three) anonymous reviewers.
- Response to Invitations: Potential reviewers consider the invitation against their own expertise, conflicts of interest and availability. They then accept or decline. If possible, when declining, they might also suggest alternative reviewers. Average number of weeks between invitations and report is 3 weeks.
- Review is Conducted: The reviewer sets time aside to read the paper several times. The first read is used to form an initial impression of the work. If major problems are found at this stage, the reviewer may feel comfortable rejecting the paper without further work. Otherwise they will read the paper several more times, taking notes so as to build a detailed point-by-point review. The review is then submitted to the journal, with a recommendation to accept or reject it – or else with a request for revision (usually flagged as either major or minor) before it is reconsidered.
- Journal Evaluates the Reviews: Editor considers all the returned reviews before making an overall decision. If the reviews differ widely, the editor may invite an additional reviewer so as to get an extra opinion before making a decision.
- The Decision is Communicated: The editor sends a decision e-mail to the author including any relevant reviewer comments.
- If one of the reviewers’ reports states that the article needs "editing" and the other states that the article "cannot be published", the editor reviews the article once more. After this review, the editor either cancels the whole process or sends it to a third reviewer and the responsible author is notified of this result via journal platform.
- If accepted, author must submit final version. NEHR publishes the approved articles in the order it received after control Editor of Turkish and English language
How to Submitting your Article?
Step 1- From the Author Main Menu, click ‘Sign in’
Step 2- If you are not member click”Register”, enter data and answer questions as prompted
Step 3- After you enter member login click “Submit New Article” enter data and answer questions as prompted
Step 4- Upload your files by selecting the Item Type and then clicking the ‘Download your article ’ button and locating the files on your computer. View your submission in word format, then click ‘Submit” to submit your manuscript
You will receive a confirmation email after submission
You can log-in to Editorial Manager at any time to check the status of your manuscript
The journal will notify you by email once a decision is made